Linde Colombia and Remeo program are aware of their social responsibility and in response to the identification of a problem such as low quality training in chronic mechanical ventilated patients, they started in 2011 a program with institutions dedicated to offer comprehensive training in Health areas, seeking to develop clinical skills to work with communities. These agreements have been operating in the following cities:
• Barranquilla Technical Institute and Health Administration
• Bogota with nursing assistants school EFSA
• Medellin with politécnico Marco Fidel Suarez
Since signing the agreement based on Decree 2376 of 2010, Linde Colimbia opens Remeo center’s doors to more than 260 nursing students to allow the construction of knowledge based on protocols and procedures of Remeo program, carrying out activities under the supervision of a multidisciplinary team working in the program, who contributes to the work done by students, without affecting the patient’s safety and care quality.
WHY CREATING TEACHING AGREEMENTS LINDE HEALTHCARE IN COLOMBIA?
No institution in the country has an academic curriculum in chronic ventilated patient management for auxiliary nurses, so looking up for the staff with the right profile became a major problem, slowing the process of patient admission.
With the program of students training, who have rotated through teacher assistance agreements, we have achieved a better attention to our patients, due to a more quickly staff recruitment with the right profile guaranteed. In addition, we have a competitive advantage in the market, making it even more attractive for health professionals who can get jobs in intensive care units once they graduate.
On the other hand, having a teaching care agreement offers some other advantages to those mentioned above such as:
1. The consideration of services within which are national certification of caregivers who are part of the training program for caregivers, with the academic support of an educational institution to certify training care assistance.
2. Having half scholarships for medical emergency and critical care graduate in order to generate greater incentives and training for staff with the best performance in Remeo program.
3. Participation as attendees at the annual health meeting in the city of Barranquilla.
For this and many other reasons, Linde Colombia is a company that is not only creating jobs, but also forming human talent in health.